Isthmian League

Whitehawk v Hendon


Isuzu FA Trophy 2019-20

The TerraPura Ground

4 - 1
Final Score
Lew Unwin - 1 (82')Connor Tighe - 2 (7', 20')Dave Martin - 1 (73')
Game Statistics
1 Yellow cards 1
0 Red cards 0


James Broadbent Goalkeeper
Luke Emberson Midfielder
Henry Muggeridge Midfielder
Lew Unwin Midfielder 82'
Rhyle Ovenden Midfielder
Connor Tighe Forward 7', 20'
Dave Martin Forward 73'
Ollie Munt Midfielder


Whitehawk 4-1 Hendon

Whitehawk stunned Southern Premier League South strugglers Hendon in awful conditions as they took their place in the Buildbase FA Trophy Second Qualifying Round with a remarkable 4-1 victory.

The Hawks had the games opening chance after 4 minutes with Connor Tighe intercepting a loose pass in the Hendon defence, he teed up John Paul Kissock who fired narrowly wide. Tighe was involved in the second chance of the game and this time it resulted in a goal with the forward striking home a low cross from the far side. The Hawks doubled the lead after 20 minutes as Henry Muggeridge, on his return from injury, found himself behind the Hendon defence and his shot was well save by Dons keeper Chris Grace, the ball fell as far as Tighe who lobbed the ball over the keeper and defenders from 20 yards out for the Hawks, and his, second goal of the game.

Hendon started the second half incredibly quickly looking for a way back into the game as after just 15 seconds, Amartey had a shot well saved by Hawks keeper James Broadbent. 9 minutes later Connor Tighe was denied his hat-trick after a smart save by Grace following a low cross by captain Muggeridge. Hendon had another chance to get back into the game just a few minutes later with keeper Broadbent having to be at full stretch to make a great stop to deny Amartey, the ball then fell to Dons captain Calcutt who fired wide at close range. The Hawks could have had the game wrapped up after 70 minutes as Muggeridge played in substitute Duane Ofori-Acheampong who headed in, but he was a yard offside. Under a minute later Hendon had a goal back as Connor Calcutt slotted past a helpless James Broadbent. The fast-paced action continued as only a minute after that, the Hawks were awarded a penalty in comical circumstances from a Hendon free-kick in their own penalty area. The kick, taken by keeper Chris Grace was passed to defender Luke Tingey inside his own box, but Tingey bizarrely then decided to handle the ball, resulting in a penalty which was comfortably scored by David Martin to restore the Hawks’ 2 goal margin. The game then turned into a rout for the Hawks as 8 minutes from time, Lewis Unwin unleashed a shot from 25 yards out which squirmed past the Hendon keeper for a remarkable 4-1 lead, which the Hawks were able to see out and will therefore take their place in the Second Qualifying Round

Hawks: Broadbent, Walsh, Emberson, Kissock, Lopata, Torres, Muggeridge © (Rodrigues 76’), Unwin, Ovenden (Rogers 82’), Tighe (Ofori-Acheampong 68’), Martin – Subs Not Used: Deda, Campbell (GK), Munt, Elwood

The Dons: Grace, Hall, Byron, Manesio (Stray 79’ [Cook 88’]), Tingey, Noel-McLeod, Hope, Mitchell (Ogbonna 79’), Calcutt ©, Amartey, English – Subs Not Used: Todd, Cook, McGleish

Goals – Tighe 7’, 20’, Martin 73’, Unwin 82’ (Whitehawk); Calcutt 71’ (Hendon)

Yellow Cards – Martin (Whitehawk); Noel-McLeod (Hendon)

Hawks Man of the Match – Lewis Unwin

Attendance – 207


The TerraPura Ground