Isthmian League

Three Bridges vs Whitehawk


Pitching In Isthmian South East Division 2019-20

Jubilee Field

Three Bridges
3 - 5
Final Score
- 1 (74')Henry Muggeridge - 1 (12') - 3 (52', 69', 77')
Game Statistics
1 Yellow cards 2
0 Red cards 0


James Broadbent Goalkeeper
Luke Emberson Midfielder
Marvin Hamilton Defender
Henry Muggeridge Midfielder 12'
Lew Unwin Midfielder
Rhyle Ovenden Midfielder
Connor Tighe Forward
Dave Martin Forward 31'
Ollie Munt Midfielder


Substitute Lucas Rodrigues scored a hat-trick as Whitehawk produced a fine second half performance to come from behind and win at Three Bridges.

Having trailed 3-1 at half-time, Hawks fans could have been forgiven for fearing the worst, but Jude MacDonald’s side turned the game around to prevail 5-3 at Jubilee Fields and move into the top five.

It was a disastrous start for the Hawks, who fell behind in just 40 seconds. John Lansdale won the ball and found Andy Sesay, who broke between full back and centre back and one on one with James Broadbent fired home via the inside of the post.

However, Jude MacDonald’s side made amends twelve minutes in when neat play between Henry Muggeridge, Connor Tighe and John Paul Kissock saw the former latch on to a ball through and the skipper hammered past Tarell Annakie.

The hosts went close midway through the half when Ruben Soares Junior’s ball in from the right was brought down nicely by Andre McCollin, who was allowed to turn but his low drive went just wide of the post.

They went even closer moments later when John Lansdale’s free-kick deep into the Hawks area was met by Tadley Bromage, but his looping header came back off of the top of the bar. 

And Bridges went back in front after the half hour mark. Lansdale’s free-kick picked out Alex Laing on the right, who’s good first time ball across found McCollin who put it on a plate for Soares Junior and the winger couldn’t miss from inside six yards.

The Hawks’ evening got even worse five minutes before half time. Former Hawk Brannon O’Neill intercepted a loose pass in midfield and was allowed to drive forward, before firing a low left footed strike which was deflected beyond the reach of Broadbent and into the bottom corner.

Lucas Rodrigues came on at half time as the Hawks changed shape, and the sub wasted no time in making his mark. The Hawks pressed high up the pitch and David Martin won possession before teeing up Rodrigues who couldn’t miss.

The Hawks went close to drawing level after the hour when Marvin Hamilton’s long throw eventually picked out Martin at the far post, whose header was deflected onto the bar before keeper Annakie came out of a goalmouth scramble with ball in hand.

However, Bridges should have made the game safe when Curtis Gayler won possession and put McCollin through, but one on one with Broadbent blazed high over the bar when well placed.

TBFC: Annakie, Laing, Hall, O’Neill, McCollin, Sesay, Soares-Junior, Douglas, Bromage, Lansdale, Gayler (Tolfrey 89). Subs: Stone, Gunner, Nicholls, Muwanga. Yellow: O’Neill, Ofori-Acheampong.

WHK: Broadbent, Walsh, Emberson, Kissock, Torres, Hamilton, Muggeridge (Rogers 90), Unwin (Rodrigues 45), Ovenden, Tighe (Ofori-Acheampong 59), Martin. Subs: Munt, Deda. Yellow: Martin.

Goals: Sesay 1’, Soares Junior 33’, O’Neill 40’. (Three Bridges); Muggeridge 12’, Rodrigues 52’ 69’ 77’, Torres 74’ (Whitehawk)

Yellow Cards:  O’Neill (Three Bridges); Martin, Ofori-Acheampong (Whitehawk)

Attendance: 107

Hawks Man of the Match: Lucas Rodrigues


Jubilee Field