Faversham Town vs Whitehawk


Pitching In Isthmian South East Division 2019-20

Salters Lane Stadium

Faversham Town
2 - 1
Final Score
Dave Martin - 1 (35')
Game Statistics
2 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
Game Timeline
Dave Martin
Connor Tighe


James Broadbent Goalkeeper
Jordan Gibbons Defender
Charles Banya Defender
Luke Emberson Midfielder
Kacper Lopata Defender
Matias Torres Defender
Lucas Rodrigues Forward
John Paul Kissock Midfielder
Duane Ofori-Acheampong Forward
Lewis Unwin Midfielder
Dave Martin Forward 35'
Fintan Walsh Defender
Ian Robinson Defender
Rob Deda Midfielder
Gbenga Jubrill Forward
Connor Tighe Forward


Faversham Town 2 Whitehawk 1

Hawks slipped to a third consecutive defeat after a poor second half showing at Salters Lane.

The Hawks side featured two debutants, with Matias Torres replacing the suspended Marvin Hamilton at centre back and the returning Jordan Gibbons at right back. There was also a recall for Lew Unwin in midfield. Ex-Hawk Rhyle Ovenden, re-signed in midweek for his third spell, was not fit to play. Another old Hawk Makhosini Khanye was on the bench for Town.

The first fifteen minutes were very cagey but the Hawks gradually took control with some neat possession football, building from the back. Gibbons was a constant threat down the right, with Dave Martin also prominent, coming into midfield off the left flank. Matias Torres headed a Martin corner just over the bar but two minutes later Martin got reward for his endeavour when he gave the Hawks a deserved 35th minute lead with a neat right foot shot past Harry Earls after a Gibbons cross had eluded Lucas Rodrigues and Duane Ofori-Acheampong.  Unwin then fired just wide of Earls’ left-hand post as the Hawks finished the half on top.

The second half was a completely different game, with the home side, sent out onto the pitch early by Danny Chapman, dominating possession and the Hawks unable to get control of the game. Michael Freiter almost equalised after just five second half minutes and it was no surprise when Faversham skipper Matt Bourne brought the home side level after a free header at a right-wing corner. The way the corner was given away following a Hawks throw was clearly a source of frustration for boss Jude Macdonald.

Ofori-Acheampong had a couple of headers that went close but in truth the Hawks offered little up front until the introduction of Ian Robinson wide on the right for Rodrigues added some much-needed urgency. Hawks had a great chance to re-take the lead with 10 minutes remaining but after a great overlap by Charles Banya, two Martin efforts and then an Ofori-Acheampong shot were blocked at close range.

Faversham had continued to have the bulk of possession without creating clear cut chances until Max Morgan broke clear of the Hawks defence with seven minutes left. Although he was running wide in his attempt to round James Broadbent, the Hawks keeper’s dive brought him down, for a clear penalty. Michael Freiter calmly coverted the spot kick. Morgan could then have added a third a minute later but somehow contrived to shoot wide.

Hawks: Broadbent, Gibbons (Walsh 86’) , Banya, Emberson, Lopata, Torres, Rodrigues (c) (Robinson 61’), Kissock, Ofori-Acheampong, Unwin (Tighe 70’), Martin

Subs not used: Deda, Jubrill

Goal: Martin 35′

Town: Earls, Mills, Maxted, Miles (Dwayne-Holden 84’), Bourne (c), Dorling, Jones (Onu 85’), Freiter, Morgan, Adesite, Lawrence

Subs not used: Barton, Khanye

Goals: Bourne 58′, Freiter pen 83′

Attendance: 185

Hawks MoM: Dave Martin

Referee: Simon Finnigan

Yellow Cards: Adesite, Bourne (Town)


Salters Lane Stadium