Potters Bar Town vs Whitehawk

August 18, 2018
Score: 1 - 1

Match Report

Potters Bar Town 1-1 Whitehawk
Bostik Premier League: Game 3

Despite playing 30 minutes with a man down, The Hawks bravely held on to draw 1-1 Away against Potters Bar Town to remain unbeaten in the Bostik Premier League.

The opening period of the game was a very cagey affair, with the hosts having more of the attacking moves with the Hawks mostly having chances coming from breaks upfield after winning possession back in the final third. Throughout the first half, Potters Bar had many chances to break through and take the lead, but each time they either fluffed their lines or the Whitehawk defence stood firm and cleared it away. That changed after 34 minutes as the Scholars finally broke through as Steve Brown volleyed past Minter after a free kick on the halfway line.

Against the run of play after 39 minutes, the Hawks were back level again after Potters Bar a free kick swung into the box by Henry Muggeridge eventually fell to Lucas Rodrigues, who fired at goal but home ‘keeper Laurencin could only push it out as far as Harry Shooman, who smashed the ball home. It could have been 2-1 to the Hawks shortly after as Fintan Walsh swung a well hit cross into the box, but the Potters Bar defence closed down a waiting Jason Williams well. Right on the stroke of half time came probably the best chance of the game, as Lucas Rodrigues headed against the cross bar.

The second half began much like the first, very cagey but the Hawks were looking more dangerous, continuing from the end of the first half. After 64 minutes the Hawks were dealt a major blow as winger Lucas Rodrigues was shown a second yellow card after a late challenge. The game grew more cagey as it went on, with a number of questionable refereeing decisions going against the Hawks but with the advantage of an extra player, the Scholars pushed forward for a winner, pushing keeper Melvin Minter into a brilliant save alongside vital blocks by Shooman and Ronayne Marsh-Brown.

Scholars: Laurencin, Lawal, Lomas, O’Leary (c), Budden, Brown, Wynter (Sach 73′), Adcock, Cole (Nicholas 59′), Fernandes
Subs not used: Pedro, Murray

Hawks: Minter, Walsh, R Marsh-Brown, Emberson, Shooman, Goode, Rodrigues, Hallard (Broughton 89′), Williams (Sanders 90’+2), Muggeridge (c), Sisimayi (Kw Marsh-Brown 67′)
Subs not used: Hawkins (GK), Moore

Goals: Brown 34′ (Potters Bar Town); Shooman 39′ (Whitehawk)

Yellow Cards: Lawal (Potters Bar Town); Rodrigues, Goode, Williams, Walsh (Whitehawk)

Red Cards: Rodrigues (Whitehawk)

Man of the Match: Aaron Goode

Attendance: 174

Photos HERE


Luke Emberson
Lucas RodriguesAssistYellow CardRed Card
Fintan WalshYellow Card
Harry ShoomanGoal
Reece Hallard
Henry Muggeridge
Aaron GoodeYellow Card
Ronayne Marsh-Brown
Anesu Sisimayi
Jason WilliamsYellow Card
Melvin Minter


Kwai Marsh-BrownSub
Lewis BroughtonSub
Leon Moore
Jordan Hawkins
Ed SandersSub