Enfield Town vs Whitehawk

October 20, 2018
Score: 6 - 0

Match Report

Enfield Town 6-0 Whitehawk
Bostik Premier League – Game 12

Whitehawk were put to the sword on Saturday after being on the wrong end of a 6-0 rout at Enfield Town.

The game started in the worst possible way for the Hawks after Mickey Parcell was picked out inside the penalty area from the near side after a well-timed break up the pitch and he duly headed in to make it 1-0 Enfield after 5 minutes. The rest of the opening stages were rather uneventful, though Town could have doubled their lead after 2 minutes as an Aaron Goode back pass was missed by keeper Melvin Minter with the ball going out for a corner, which was ultimately headed over by captain Ryan Blackman.

The Hawks’ first shot of the game came after 20 minutes with Ky Marsh-Brown having a shot from 25 yards out going narrowly over the bar. Enfield went 2-0 up after 25 minutes after a blocked Town cross fell to striker Billy Bricknell who comfortably slotted home. The third goal came for the hosts 7 minutes later through Bricknell again who did well to beat the offside trap from the Hawks’ defence to shoot past a helpless Minter. A few minutes later Town could have got another goal, but Minter made a great stop to push the ball over the bar for a corner which came to nothing.

The Hawks made a good start to the second half, pushing forward on multiple occasions trying to get back into the game, but Enfield grabbed another after 59 minutes with the Hawks failing to clear their lines, allowing Matt Johnson to tap in to an empty net. The Hawks were presented with a scoring opportunity after 73 minutes after Henry Muggeridge was taken down a couple of yards on the edge of the box, though the attempt from Jason Williams went narrowly wide. The Enfield went 5-0 up after 78 minutes after Brandon Adams, only on the pitch for just over a minute, easily tucked home. A few minutes later the rout continued with another Enfield substitute, Liam Hope, getting on the scoresheet.

Town: Wright, Hatton, Sutton, Johnson (Taafe 65′), Olomowewe, Rumens, Parcell, Blackman (c), Bricknell (Hope 65′), Youngs (Adams 76′), Greene
Subs not used: McLean, Sayoud

Hawks: Minter, Walsh, Shooman, Emberson, Goode (Sisimayi 61′), Drage, Hallard, Muggeridge (c), Williams, Ky Marsh-Brown (Fundi 68′), Broughton (R Marsh-Brown 55′)
Subs not used: Sanders, Kw Marsh-Brown

Goals: Parcell 7′, Bricknell 25′, 32′, Johnson 59′, Adams 78′, Hope 82′ (Enfield)

Yellow Cards: Blackman (Enfield); Hallard (Whitehawk)

Attendance: 403

Photos HERE


Luke Emberson
Fintan Walsh
Ky Marsh-Brown
Lewis Broughton
Harry Shooman
Reece HallardYellow Card
Henry Muggeridge
Aaron Goode
Jason Williams
Melvin Minter
Matt Drage


Kwai Marsh-Brown
Ronayne Marsh-BrownSub
Anesu SisimayiSub
Ed Sanders
Victor FundiSub