November 11, 2017
Score: 3 - 1

Match Report

Whitehawk were unlucky on the road after losing away at Gloucester City on Saturday… writes Anthony Scott.

A controversial opener from Joe Parker and an effort from Karnell Chambers saw the hosts go two goals up, somewhat against the run of play.
However, the Hawks pulled one back through Enoch Andoh before Chris Knowles’ second half header knocked the stuffing out of Steve King’s side.

The Hawks began on the front foot, with Ermal Hajdari testing Tom Hadler inside the first three minutes.

However, it was the hosts who went ahead through controversial style after nine minutes. Joe Parker ran on to a through ball from Ethan Moore, and despite appearing to be at least three yards offside the flag didn’t go up and he fired past Seny Dieng.
Whitehawk, however, continued to go onto the front foot as Nassim L’Ghoul found Michael Cain on the edge of the area, only to see his shot saved by the diving Hadler.

It was then harsh for the visitors to go two goals down after half an hour. Joe Hanks curled the ball to the far post and found Parker, who saw his volley brilliantly saved by Dieng. However, Chambers was first to the loose ball and steered it into the roof of the net.

The Hawks then halved the deficit with the best piece of play up to that point. Cain played a great one-two with Hajdari only to see his shot saved by Hadler, but Enoch Andoh was on hand to finish from close range.

Steve King’s men again went on the front foot early in the second half, and they should have equalised six minutes in when L’Ghoul lifted a great ball in from the left which picked out Fofana at the near post, but he somehow headed wide.

L’Ghoul and then Andoh had good efforts just off target for the visitors but only for Gloucester to extend their lead after the hour. Lewis Hall whipped the ball in from the left and picked out an unmarked Chris Knowles whose diving header gave Dieng no chance.

The Hawks should have made it 3-2 with four minutes to go. Chris Arthur played a great ball down the left to Ky Marsh-Brown and he duly picked out Hajdari in the centre, but he headed over the top.

However, King’s men were unable to get back into the game and left Evesham empty-handed.


Yellow Card
Yellow Card


Ky Marsh-BrownYellow CardSub
Kwai Marsh-Brown