March 10, 2018
Score: 1 - 3

Match Report

Whitehawk’s survival bid took a massive blow after defeat to Chippenham Town.

And boss Steve King felt his Hawks side had two goals wrongly disallowed in addition to a clear handball in the penalty not being seen after the 3-1 loss at The TerraPura Ground.

Two own goals and Alex Ferguson’s effort proved to be enough for the visitors, with Elliot Benyon’s penalty proving to be little more than a consolation after Ky Marsh-Brown saw red in one of several bizarre decisions by referee Paul Harris.

The Hawks went close early on as Ky Marsh-Brown, back from injury, cut inside from the left but saw his drive well saved by Jared Thompson before Chippenham took the lead in fortuitous style.

Kaid Mohamed saw his drive well blocked by Yannis Ambroisine, but the ball ricocheted into the path of Kodi Lyons-Foster who could only shin the ball into the bottom corner of his own net.

Whitehawk went desperately close to drawing level ten minutes before the break when a great cross from Ramone Rose picked out Gold Omotayo, whose bullet header was kept out by a super save from Thompson.

The hosts also had a goal chalked off before half-time, as the referee somehow awarded a free-kick against the Hawks for a high foot in the build up to Elliot Benyon poking the ball in from close range.

Despite starting on the front foot, Steve King’s side fell two goals behind in the second period with Alex Ferguson producing a fine finish after a swift counter attack.

Marsh-Brown was then sent off my referee Paul Harris, who didn’t have the best game in the view of both managers, for what was no more than a challenge worthy of a caution.

However, the Hawks fought back and halved the deficit with just over ten minutes to go. Having been hauled to the ground inside the area himself, Elliot Benyon made no mistake from the penalty spot.

With the hosts pushing for an equaliser, it was game over four minutes from time. Parnell Chambers produced a exquisite lob over Daniel Wilks, with the keeper doing brilliantly to turn the ball onto the bar, only for it to come back down and in off of the keeper.


Ky Marsh-BrownRed Card
Yellow Card