April 3, 2015
Score: 3 - 0

Match Report

Vanarama Conference South              Friday 3rd April 2015

Ebbsfleet Utd FC  3 – 0  Whitehawk FC

Whitehawk started very brightly and made all the running for the first 25minutes of this match and disappointingly found themselves 1 – 0 after 16 minutes.  New Ebbsfleet signing Luke Rooney slung a ball from the left wing onto the right wing and with a touch, a pass, a turn and a hooked shot from Matt Godden the home side took the lead – against the run of play.

Whitehawk controlled the whole of the first half with Ebbsfleet only getting into their opponents box on three occasions.  With Whitehawk’s dominance evident to see, they had 4 one-on-ones, two from Jake Robinson and two by Danny Mills, but they still could not find a way past Ebbsfleet goalkeeper.  When Scott Neilson hit the crossbar with a cross come shot then you maybe knew it was not going to be Whitehawk’s day.  Jake Robinson stepped up to a free kick, fully 30 yards out, and hit an unstoppable shot that hit the crossbar/post intersection and rebounded off the back of the diving goalkeeper and went safe for a corner – on any other day that goes in the goal.

HT 1 – 0 (little comfort with ‘Fleet supporters telling me that this is the best side we’ve had here all season!)

Ebbsfleet were more into the game in the second half, but still never had a shot on goal.  Bouyed by their lead and by the 1000+ crowd.  Whitehawk captain Osei Sankofa had to be replaced with Marvin Hamilton on 52 minutes.  Hamilton making his league debut for the visitors.

The killer second, on 55 minutes, was an unfortunate goal: a Hawks defender spun and twisted to hook the ball clear from his penalty area, in doing so he unfortunately kicked the ball against his own arm – putting the ball inconvieniently straight in front of  Matt Godden, to easily plant his second goal.

Whitehawk continued to try and find a way back into the game.  Sam Gargan came on for Jake Robinson on 69 minutes and Sergio Makofo replaced Scott Neilson after 77 minutes.

On 82 minutes Whitehawk did score, but it was disallowed.  This seemed a poor decision as Danny Mills had out jumped the keeper and nodded it down for Sam Gargan to score, which would have made an interesting final 15 minutes.  But on 90 minutes Ebbsfleet scored their third goal,  which really did flatter the home side.

The story of this game is: if Whitehawk had taken their chances – this game would have been out of sight.

A few shots by one of our great supporters ….

2014-14 Ebbsfleet away 0 (1) 2014-14 Ebbsfleet away 0 (2) 2014-14 Ebbsfleet away 0 (3) 2014-14 Ebbsfleet away 0 (4) 2014-14 Ebbsfleet away 0 (5) 2014-14 Ebbsfleet away 0 (6) 2014-14 Ebbsfleet away 0 (7) 2014-14 Ebbsfleet away 0 (8) 2014-14 Ebbsfleet away 0 (9)




Leave a Reply