August 11, 2015
Score: 2 - 2

Match Report

A hard fought draw for the first Hawks home game.
A very muggy evening at the Enclosed ground and a slight delay to kick off due to flood light failure made for high pressure start, meaning both teams piled the pressure on. Craig Ross was forced into an early acrobatic save when the ball was chipped high into the penalty area. At the other end, new signing David Martin proved to be a real handful as he made a dangerous run at the Margate defence. The ball was then offloaded to Sergio Torres who skipped passed several challenges to pull the ball back to Jake Robinson who calmly shot the ball underneath Margate’s number 1 to make it 1-0 after only 12 minutes.
The Hawks entered into a dominant period of play as David Martin kept threatening the Margate defence, until Margate won a free kick where Craig Ross was forced into an unbelievable save yet again, and soon after, another punching save from the following corner. The 40th minute saw a free kick that Nick Arnold whipped in for Danny Mills in a feat of unbelievable agility, heading back across the goal for Jake Robinson to tap home.
HT: Whitehawk FC 2-0 Margate FC
As the second half started, a light rain swept across East Brighton and only a minute later a speculative chip from Margate’s Danny Green saw Craig Ross beaten. Not long after, a Whitehawk corner turned into a Margate counter attack that ended with the ball hitting the cross bar and bouncing down and away from the goal. Both sides seem to suffer with the slippery playing surface and on the 68th minute Arnaud Mendy conceded a hotly contested penalty that was converted by Freddy Ladapo. The game seemed to lose its momentum soon after as both teams had fought hard to share the points.
FT: Whitehawk FC 2-2 Margate FC
Man of the match: Craig Ross
Attendance: 288

We are back to the Enclosed on Saturday for visitors Bath City, see you there!

Match report by David Hunt

Photos by Dave Pillman


AssistYellow Card
Yellow Card


Leave a Reply